Market Park San Jose has named Borelli Investment Company to handle leasing at its stunning, modern 101,000 sq. ft. retail center in North San Jose. The Safeway-anchored shopping center is nearing completion in the heart of the 120-acre, $3 billion transit-oriented community, which is integrated with the Berryessa BART station. The various stores, shops and restaurants will begin serving customers this coming March.
“This area of North San Jose has been underserved by retailers for many years, forcing residents to travel longer distances for needed essentials and dining,” said Ralph N. Borelli, chairmen of Borelli Investment Company. “We’re delighted to partner with Market Park’s developers, The Flea Market, Inc., to create this convenient and attractive shopping hub.”
In addition to a 65,000 sq. ft. Safeway store that will feature a next-generation design and layout, the Market Park retail center will include a 13,100 sq. ft. CVS pharmacy, 4,000 sq. ft. Chase Bank branch, and a 2,600 sq. ft. healthcare facility by Carbon Health.
Plenty of Opportunities —But Space Is Filling Up Fast
Already, more than 85% of the space in the Market Park retail center has been leased, but that still leaves ample opportunities for retailers and businesses in a variety of categories. These include:
- Mobile phones or electronics
- Hair styling
- Gourmet coffee or other beverages
- Office support, printing and shipping
- Dental office
- Apparel and footwear
- Home and kitchen
- Technology training
Currently, approximately 14,850 sq. ft. of space is available for lease in 10 retail suites in two separate buildings (see floor plans) — with several retailers already in discussions for two of the units. Store, shop or business sizes range from just over 700 sq. ft. to a little more than 3,100 sq. ft. Download our retail brochure here.
A Vibrant Transit-Oriented Urban Village
Market Park San Jose is one of the most talked-about transit-oriented developments in Northern California — at the core of the City of San Jose’s planned Berryessa BART Urban Village.
When completed, Market Park San Jose will include:
- Up to 4,450 residential units — of which 1,000 townhomes, single-family homes and apartments are already built or nearly complete in the North Village, surrounding the soon-to-open Market Park retail center.
- Five headquarters-class office towers offering from 1.5 million sq. ft. to as much as 3.4 million sq. ft. of office space plus parking for 5,000 vehicles — bringing many more potential shoppers into Market Park’s planned South Village. Take a closer look at the latest South Village site plan.
- Neighborhood parks totaling 12 acres community-wide — plus a recreation area and attractive plazas in the proposed South Village, as well as lush greenbelt areas, an urban garden and easy access to Bay Area walking and bicycling trails
- BART literally at your doorstep, conveniently transporting employees to and from the entire East Bay and even San Francisco. The community will also offer VTA bus service…and benefit from a future freeway interchange at Berryessa Road and Highway 101.
Get a Jump on 2021’s Expected Upswing
With the recent announcement of the first potentially viable vaccine from Pfizer — and more news on this front expected soon — don’t wait to make your plans for 2021. Other retailers and restaurants are.
Learn more about the opportunities to join this brand new, vital shopping center that will draw visitors from all over the Berryessa area. Contact us today! Watch our introductory video.