Firehouse Subs is sweeping the nation, with more than 1,100 locations now serving the hot, fast-casual chain’s unique, second-to-none submarine sandwiches. Now, the latest location is set to open in approximately 1,500 sq. ft. of space at 1411 Berryessa Road in the new Market Park San Jose retail center, just steps from the Berryessa BART station.
Guests will be able to dine in, move to the building’s shared open-air patio, or take food to go and enjoy a wide selection of delicious submarine sandwiches made with premium meats and cheeses. This includes a variety of hot specialty subs, build-your-own-sub options and local specials — as well as Firehouse pairs, side dishes such as appetizing salads, chips, beverages, and more. Plus, all Firehouse Subs are available cold, if desired.
The procuring broker for the Firehouse Subs lease was Matt Sweeney, managing director of the San Jose office of Newmark Group.
Retail Spaces Are Flying
Construction at the new retail center was completed in the spring, and with summer here and the economy heating up, leases on the remaining spaces are flying out the door.
Here’s a bird’s eye view (okay, the very latest drone’s eye view) of the modern, attractively designed center, anchored by a brand new Safeway store. The list of existing retail tenants includes:
- Safeway, 65,000 sq. ft. store
- CVS Pharmacy, 13,100 sq. ft. store
- Chase Bank, 4,000 sq. ft. branch
- Carbon Health, 2,650 sq. ft. medical clinic
- Dunkin’, 2,038 sq. ft. store offering premium baked goods and coffee
- SomiSomi, 1,100 sq. ft. Korean-style soft-serve ice cream shop
- CoCo, 716 sq. ft. bubble tea and juice store
Other leases are pending and discussions continue for the rapidly dwindling space remaining in what promises to be a very high-traffic shopping center supported by homes and offices within the community. Download the retail brochure for floor plans of available units.
Serving a 120-acre, Master-planned Community
The Market Park retail center is at the heart of what will ultimately be a 120-acre master-planned, transit-oriented community with residential, retail, office, recreational space, and more — all integrated seamlessly with the Berryessa BART station. The retail center is located in the North Village, which will be complemented by a 61.5-acre South Village — nearing final approval from the City of San Jose. Check out the South Village site plan.
When completed, Market Park San Jose will include:
- Up to 4,450 residential units (1,000 already completed in the North Village)
- Planned headquarters-class offices ranging from 1.5 million sq. ft. to as much as 3.4 million sq. ft. of office space
- North Village retail center, plus additional street-level retail and dining throughout.
- Community entry plaza adjacent to the BART station, neighborhood parks, walking and bicycle trails, and greenbelt areas
- BART and VTA bus service, plus a future freeway interchange at Berryessa Road and Highway 101.
Take your Tour Now
Don’t miss your chance to tour the few remaining retail suites at the Market Park retail center. Reach out to Chris Anderson or Patrick Bumb today to arrange a time to see this exciting center.
- Chris Anderson • 408.453.4700 x134 • BRE License #01438895