Dunkin’ is the world’s leading baked goods and coffee chain, serving more than three million customers daily. While known for its fabulous 50+ varieties of donuts, Dunkin’ also offers dozens of premium beverages, bagels, breakfast sandwiches and other tasty baked goods.
Dunkin’ will open a brand new 2,038 sq. ft. store in Suite 60 at the 101,000 sq. ft. Market Park retail center, 1477 Berryessa Road in San Jose. The restaurant will feature a Next Generation design, with an open, modern layout that includes a front-facing bakery case, dedicated mobile order pickup area that’s really convenient, cold beverages poured through an innovative tap system for consistently cold sips, and a top-quality espresso machine to make handcrafted drinks to order.
Customers will be able to enjoy their food and beverage items in-store or outdoors on the sunny shared patio-dining plaza — or they can take their orders to go. Dunkin’ Next Gen restaurants are also built to sustainable and energy-efficient standards with LED lighting, high-efficiency mechanical equipment, low-flow faucets, and more.
The procuring brokers for the Dunkin’ lease were Matt Sweeney and Josh Shumsky, managing directors of Newmark Group’s San Jose office. Matt also brokered one of the earliest lease agreements at Market Park for CVS Pharmacy, an anchor tenant in the center.
Retail Spaces Are Filling Up Fast
Dunkin’ will join a growing number of retailers and other businesses in Berryessa’s only new shopping center serving residents and businesses throughout the North San Jose area. The center will feature:
- Safeway, 65,000 sq. ft. store, opening April 28th
- CVS Pharmacy, 13,100 sq. ft. store, opening April 18th
- Chase Bank, 4,000 sq. ft. branch, opening in early summer
- Carbon Health, 2,650 sq. ft. medical clinic, opening in late April or early May
- SomiSomi, 1,100 sq. ft. Korean-style soft-serve ice cream shop
- CoCo, 716 sq. ft. bubble tea and juice store
At least three additional leases are pending and other retailers are in discussions for the remaining space in the two multi-tenant retail buildings at what promises to be a very high-traffic shopping center. Download the retail brochure for floor plans of available units.
As the vaccine rollout continues and California points toward a June 15th target date to hopefully fully reopen the state’s economy, the vibrant new retail center will only continue to grow in its role as a vital community resource and welcome meeting place.
North to South
The existing Market Park San Jose North Village is just the beginning of what will be a 120-acre master-planned, transit-oriented community with residential, retail, office, recreational space, and more — all integrated tightly with the Berryessa BART station. The 61.5-acre South Village currently under planning review at the City of San Jose will create a distinctive mixed-use community that will be one-of-a-kind in Silicon Valley — providing much-needed housing and attracting leading businesses from throughout the area. Check out the South Village site plan.
When completed, Market Park San Jose will include:
- Up to 4,450 residential units (1,000 already completed in the North Village)
- Planned headquarters-class offices ranging from 1.5 million sq. ft. to as much as 3.4 million sq. ft. of office space
- North Village retail center, plus additional street-level retail and dining throughout.
- Community entry plaza adjacent to the BART station, neighborhood parks, walking and bicycle trails, and greenbelt areas
- BART and VTA bus service, plus a future freeway interchange at Berryessa Road and Highway 101.
Come See the New Center
With our stores starting to open, now’s the time to come out and take a look at this exciting retail opportunity in person. With all the interest this spring, the remaining retail spaces won’t last long. Don’t miss your chance to be part of Market Park San Jose. Contact Chris Anderson or Patrick Bumb today.
- Patrick Bumb • 408.453.4700 x000 • BRE License #00754782
- Chris Anderson • 408.453.4700 x134 • BRE License #01438895